Tuesday, July 19, 2011

WILL THE CHASE EVER END?

Money money money
Is in the hearts of many
Money like beauty is desirable
It is a daily prayer request to the miserable
It’s the buzzing sound to those in the hustle
It’s a fairy tale to those who have given up
but the ladder to those scaling economic heights
and those aiming for the top
But to those already there it isn’t the final stop
We are born and money search becomes the obvious step
we train our children to catch up
Flex muscles and learn skills to match up
even after settling down
and appearing on a pay roll
thinking we got it all pinned down
it never is enough
When life gets tough
the desire keeps mutating
and the endless pit keeps echoing
asking for more and more
Is this what we are living for?
I once thought a k was all I needed
but that was just the beginning
of a chase with no ending
Money money money
wait for me I’m coming
When will I catch up with you?
You are always on a fast pace
fooling me to hasten my steps
Doing everything to reduce the gap
only for me to fall in your trap
leaving me with air gasps
where did we go wrong?
is it when we were evicted where we belonged
from the garden where we had it all
but still man chose to fall
what can replace this?
and give us a new meaning of life?
A day starts and ends with the same strife
especially in this economic times
it gets harder by each dawn
living a life oiled by dime
money is claimed to lubricate life joints
it is a course to the river
and beauty to the diva
Where money goes
there will be friends, family and foes
Money is good
I am told
It’s a blessing from God
This is so to them that are no fools
because money like beauty
corrupts when it gets to one's mind
And strangles the conscience
Making void the human heart
Money is not food for the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment