Friday, December 30, 2011

TOMORROW IS A NEW YEAR


I can only guess what you have to offer
Mystery and suspense surrounds your intended takeover
No one can surely describe how you will look like
When the stage you take
But either way we hope you will give us a reason to smile

I hope you heard that Otiende left the city for the lake
And Wanjiru sold her kiosk
This was after Kipyego left her for Mosop.
By the way, Wanjala gave up hope of getting a job
Now he survives on Allsops

It has been a tough unending year
Living standards getting higher and higher
With the horizon never getting clearer
You are what many describe as the messiah
If not then doom is really getting near

Kiplimo the farmer wishes you come inform of unending rain,
So that his crops may grow
Mwangi the business man wishes that you may introduce his rein
That his losses may go
All we hope is that you bless us that our worries we let go

Did I mention that you are fully filled in his calendar?
If he says he aint anxious he will only be a pretender
Power exit is his greatest worry
I hear the electorate has had enough to be wary about
They know what to do with their vote

Oh beautiful new year
Your birth is so near
Should I be happy or you should I fear
I cannot say what you have in store
But at least I know God saw me through this before.

Happy New Year Reader.
Letters from the Hocla Diary







1 comment:

  1. U mek writn poems sound so easy, nt wht we r used 2. Me like

    ReplyDelete